Why has my partner window gone dark and unable to be switched on?
When the I-13 or I-16 device is powered on, the partner window should become active. If the partner window remains dark and does not respond, it could be because it is turned off in the settings area of your software. If the setting is disabled in your software, this may be due to Windows updating the driver to an incompatible driver. Please follow the steps below to roll back to the correct driver and get the partner window responding again.
- Run Update Notifier and install all updates. In particular, please make sure Tobii Dynavox Hardware Service is version 1.8 or higher.
- Open Device Manager
- Expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers"
- You should see a driver labelled "USB Serial Converter". Right click on "USB Serial Converter" and select "Uninstall device".
- Place a check in "Delete the driver software for this device."
- Choose Uninstall and wait for the uninstall to complete
- Select Action from the menubar
- Choose Scan for hardware changes.
If you continue to have problems, please contact technical support.