TD Kiosk Mode
Once Kiosk Mode has been set up, a keyboard will be required to exit Kiosk Mode. It is important to have this available to exit Kiosk Mode. ALT+F4 will close Snap. The device can then be restarted, shut down or can be signed into the existing user account.
Tip 2: Do not add buttons with actions such as: minimize, launch application, restart device, shutdown device, or toggle full-screen mode. If buttons such as these exist on the pages, it is recommended to hide or delete them.
Tip 3: Perform TD Snap updates in the local admin account and NOT the Kiosk user.
- For Windows 10: Unable to back up, restore, import or export users or pages locally while in Kiosk Mode. Workaround: This can be done through myTobiiDynavox.
- Eye Tracking is not a supported Access Method in Kiosk Mode (Calibration and Track Status are blocked applications).
Windows 11 Pro Windows 10 Pro Windows 10 IoT
OS Version v22H2 v22H2 v21H2
OS Build 22621.2134 19045.2965 19044.2965
TD Snap Version v126.96.36.19930 v188.8.131.5230 v184.108.40.20630
MS App Installer Version v1.19.10173.0 v1.20.1881.0 v1.20.1881.0
- An Internet connection is required for installation. First, verify that the device is connected to the Internet.
- Verify that the minimum requirements listed above are met for the Operating System, Windows App Installer, and TD Snap. Updating to the latest version of TD Snap is recommended.
- Open a web browser on the device and visit the following link to download the Kiosk Mode installer: https://download.mytobiidynavox.com/TDSnapKioskTool/installers/releases/TDKioskMode.appinstaller Note: This installer may also be downloaded on another computer and saved to a USB Flash Drive if necessary).
- Use the File Explorer to navigate to the TDKioskMode.appinstaller file. (If downloaded from the web browser on the device, the file will be in the Downloads folder).
- Launch TDKioskMode.
- The Microsoft App Installer will open with the information for TD Kiosk Mode.Select Install.
TD Kiosk Mode: Windows 10
Set up kiosk mode for TD Snap
- If setting up kiosk mode after installing, the Kiosk Mode tool should already be open. If the tool is already installed, open the tool using the following steps: Select the Start Menu and locate and open the TD Kiosk Mode.
- By default, the new account will be named "Kiosk". To change the name, select in the text field and enter the name for the new account.
- Select Continue.
- A progress bar will show indicating that the account is being setup up.
- Important Note: It is possible that the tool will need to re-provision TD Snap. If this is the case, select Yes to proceed. This step can take several minutes. If no prompt shows, continue to Step 6.
- Once completed, a message will show indicating that the account has been set up. Kiosk Mode can now be logged into immediately by selecting OK to reboot the device and log into Kiosk Mode automatically or select Cancel to log into Kiosk Mode at a different time. Take note of the instructions for exiting Kiosk Mode (Using a USB Keyboard, select ALT+F4 to close TD Snap, then sign out of Windows).
- Once the device has been rebooted, Kiosk Mode will set up and automatically log in.
- Select the large TD Snap icon to open TD Snap.
- If Kiosk Mode is no longer required, it can be removed using the tool. If the user data for TD Snap is still needed, back up the user to mytobiidynavox or to a USB Flash Drive so that it can be restored later.
- Once ready to remove Kiosk Mode, connect a USB keyboard to the device
- Press ALT + F4 and release
- TD Snap will close
- Touch the screen
- Select the Users icon above the power button
- Select the main user Account
- Select Sign In
- The main user account will now be logged in
- Select the Start Menu
- Locate and open the TD Kiosk Mode.
- Select Remove Kiosk Mode
- Select Continue.
- A progress bar will show indicating that the account is being removed.