If you have a closed device, there are a couple things that might occur that could be a distraction to the person using the device.
- A restricted message keeps popping up on the right.
- A padlock icon keeps appearing and disappearing in the Windows toolbar.
This is likely due to the device being closed, connected to the internet, and attempting to run some kind of update that is being blocked. A reboot or simply waiting awhile may make it go away. However, here is how to turn off those notifications.
Note: The notification does serve as a reminder that the device is closed when you attempt to open a web browser. Turning the notification off will remove that reminder, as well.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Select Settings (gear icon)
- Select System
- Select Notifications & Actions.
- Turn off notifications for intouch lock.
If this doesn't help, reset the store. Using Cortana, search on wsreset and it should come right up.