How do I Add a Message Window to a Page in Compass?
You can add a message window to any page.
You will first have to resize buttons on the page to provide room for the message window.
1. Select the Settings button on the Toolbar.
When you select the Modify button, a dialog will open with two options. Select the Settings button.
3. Select anywhere on the background of the page. It will outline in red.
The Page Properties panel will open.
5. Select the Layout tab.
6. Select Freeform.
7. Resize the top row of buttons (or all of them on the page) to make room for your message window.
To resize a button, in Edit mode (Settings > Edit), select the button, then select one of the handles (as shown in the illustration below), and drag it until the button is the appropriate size.
8. Once you have the buttons all resized:
- If you are using version 1 of the software, select the Morebutton in the editing toolbar, and choose Message Window.
The editing toolbar on your screen may vary in appearance and location from the illustration above.
- If you are using version 1.2 or above, select Label from the Editing Toolbar. Then select Message Window.
9. Draw your message window by selecting the area on the page where you want the top left corner of the message window and dragging out the message window handle from the top left to the bottom right until it is the size and shape you want.