Hyperlinks won't work in PDFs
Problem: The Boardmaker Instructional Solutions come with PDF lesson plans that sometimes contain hyperlinks to other Internet resources. Depending on how your browser is configured, the hyperlinks may do nothing when you click on them.
Cause: The browser's built-in PDF viewers often will disable all hyperlinks in PDF.
Solution: The solutions is to enable the Adobe PDF viewer instead. How you do that depends on your browser...
If you are using Chrome, the fix is…
- In the Chrome address bar, type chrome://plugins
- Disable Chrome PDF Viewer.
- Enable the Adobe Acrobat/ Adobe Reader plugin.
If you are using Firefox, the fix is…
- Click the menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Applications panel.
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) in the list and click on it to select it.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the Action column for the above entry and select "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)".
- Click OK to close the Options window.