Add a student - Setting up a single student account
Note: You might want to define labels for your instructional levels before you begin adding students. This will speed up the process of building student profiles. Select your account name at the top of the page, then select My Settings > Instructional Levels to define your instructional levels.
- Select Students >Student Management. The Student Management page will open.
- In the Add a Student section at the bottom of the page, select Add Now.
The Add Student Profile dialog will open.
Note: Fields marked with a red asterisk are required.
- Enter a student ID. (This can consist of numbers, letters, or a combination of both.)
- Enter the student’s first name and last name in the appropriate fields.
- Enter a Username for the student. This is the name that the student will use to log into the Boardmaker Student Center.
- Enter a password for the student. This is the password that the student will use to log into the Boardmaker Student Center. The password is case sensitive and can be any number of characters long.
- (Optional) Enter the student’s parent’s email address.
Note: Although this step is optional, it is a good idea to enter the parent's email address. This will make it easy to automatically send an email to the parent with a message containing the students username, password, your Student Center address and your Account ID so the student can log in and play their activities at home.
- (Optional) Select an option from the Grade drop-down list.
- Select the gender of the student.
- (Optional) Select Upload Photo. A file browser will open, and the image you select will be uploaded to the student’s profile page.
- When you have finished entering the student profile information, select Save and Close. The student will appear in the list under the My Students tab on your Student Management page.
Follow steps 1 through 11 above to continue adding students to your account.
The Student Accounts Overview at the bottom of the Student Management page will indicate how many accounts you are using, and how many remain.