5 things to know about tracking student performance
1. Not all activities will track student performance.
- As you search for activities that others have shared, make sure to look for activities that have been created using performance tracking templates. They will be identified with an icon that looks like a computer monitor with a "P" on the screen.
2. Find and use Boardmaker Online Sample Activities.
- If you have a Boardmaker Online account, you have access to hundreds of sample activities that will help you start building your own library. Most of these activities were created using performance tracking Activity Starter templates and are all aligned to education standards.
3. Create your own performance tracking activities.
- Using the Boardmaker Online Editor (Coming Fall 2014), you can create your own performance tracking activities. You can also use your current version of Boardmaker Studio to create performance tracking activities. Make sure that you upgrade to v. 1.03 so that you have access to the performance tracking templates. Look for templates with a red "P" in the upper right corner.
Hint: For more information about using Boardmaker Studio v. 1.03 to create performance tracking activities, see the article titled Using Studio v 1.3 to Create Performance Tracking Activities. Use the Flashcards, Question & Answer, Sorting, Word Study templates.
4. Find and use Performance Tracking Activities in the Boardmaker Community!
- Type a keyword into the Search All Activities Box and select Interactive with Performance in the Narrow Your Results box on the left side of the page.
5. Activities must be played in order to see performance results.If you have a Boardmaker PERSONAL account:
- Launch the Playlist and play activities to capture performance data. After completion of the activity, be sure to refresh the software by clicking on the reload current page button.
If you have a Boardmaker PROFESSIONAL or DISTRICT account:
- Students must access their activities from the Student Center or My Classroom View for performance tracking to take place. After completion of the activity, be sure to refresh the software by clicking on the reload current page button.